All versionsSee all
Many options are available when it comes to file compression and archiving but are few the ones which got famous over the time, for example WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip…
The jZip – developed by Discordia Ltd. – is one more option to take into account and deserves our attention due to its effectiveness, ease of use and freeware license. This tool is based on the well known 7-zip archiving technology developed by Igor Pavlov.
What you can do with this application is to create, open and extract files in the most used compression formats such as Zip, TAR, GZip and 7-Zip and also you can open and extract – but not create – files in RAR and ISO files. This way, you get the ability to work with all types of compressed files from only one tool, getting your life easier.
What are the benefits of selecting this tool over other options? Let’s see some of them:
• jZip is absolutely FREE for everybody, home and enterprise users, not a very common fact that will allow you use it as a standard tool at home and at the office.
• jZip is an easy to use and fast archiving software, which is good due to the auxiliary kind of task that it performs.
• jZip is based on proven 7-Zip technology by Igor Pavlov, so there’s no doubt about its performance.
Even when this software is free of charge you don’t have to see annoying advertisements like in adware versions of other software alike.
The interface is really simple and nice. There is no much to say about it since it is very intuitive to use and there’s everything in front of your eyes. Regarding to customization there is one configuration window, consisting of five tabs: General, to set some access icons and automatic updates; Folders, to define a temporary files folder; Shell integration, to define the file associations; Style, with some options about the look of the interface and Webmail plug-in with a direct access to the Webmail plug-in window. What is this about? This cool option let’s you enable the e-mail compression for webmail of the following sites: mail.google, mail.yahoo, mail.live, mail.lycos, mail, inbox, webmail.aol. You can also add new sites to get support to.
- It's free
- Supports many compression formats
- Multiple languages support
- Each language is one different version
- No big differences with other options
- Adware included in created files (optional)